BonApp is a Montreal based social project aiming to reduce food waste by educating and offering tools to the community. The project was created at a Startup Weekend in 2015 and evolved under the leadership of Geneviève Rousseau over the years. I was part of the founding startup weekend team and then helped with the development in my free time for over a year before I switched to a more passive role when we decided to pivot towards a network of fridges and a more “grassroot approach” to the food waste problem.
The company currently has a network of around 10 fridges installed in Montreal where the community can exchange food. Bonapp has also built a strong network of partners and established itself as a leader in the Montreal food waste reduction movement.
Key milestones :
- Price awarded by LP Maurice at HEC’s startup weekend in 2015
- Incubated by N / A (marketing agency)
- Part of the 2016 cohort of Connexité Montréal
- Raised 10 000 $ with a crowdfunding campaign with La Ruche.
- Winner of the C2 Montreal emerging entrepreneur contest
To learn more about the project you can visit the website.