BonApp is a Montreal based social project aiming to reduce food waste by educating and offering tools to the community. The project was created at a Startup Weekend in 2015 and evolved under the leadership of Geneviève Rousseau over the years. I was part of the founding startup weekend team and then helped with the development in my free time for over a year before I switched to a more passive role when we decided to pivot towards a network of fridges and a more “grassroot approach” to the food waste problem.
The company put in place a network of around 10 fridges installed in Montreal where the community can exchange food. Bonapp also built a strong network of partners and established itself as a leader in the Montreal food waste reduction movement.
BonApp merged with Pantry in order to continue the fight against food waste from another angle after Geneviève decided to focus on new exciting projects!
Key milestones :
- Price awarded by LP Maurice at HEC’s startup weekend in 2015
- Incubated by N / A (marketing agency)
- Part of the 2016 cohort of Connexité Montréal
- Raised 10 000 $ with a crowdfunding campaign with La Ruche.
- Winner of the C2 Montreal emerging entrepreneur contest
To learn more about the project you can visit the website.