Poches & Fils is a Montreal based e-commerce fashion brand specialized in pocket tees. We offer over 5000 different combinations of basics shirts and original pockets for men, women and children. The company also expanded it’s offer with shirts, socks, boxers, hats, phone cases and even more original products over the years.
I joined the founding team (Anthony Vendrame and Nicolas Dubeau) as the technical co-founder in early 2015 and due to a really fast growth I quickly had to drop all my other projects and go full time in the pocket selling game. Up until early 2018 I was responsible for everything tech / web related in the company, from the website (e-commerce strategy, web development, user experience) to the internal IT needs of the company (ERP, production applications, collaboration tools, etc.) as well as leading the customer service (CX) team for around a year.
I decided to step out of my active role after a bit more than 3 years since the company was headed towards a more traditional expansion strategy with a focus on wholesale instead of e-commerce. I felt the need to find new challenges and get back to projects that would benefit even more from my technical skills.
I sold a part of my shares in 2018 in order to be able to invest in other ventures and finally concluded a full exit in 2019 with the sale of my remaining shares to a strategic angel investor and a Camille Hamelin, a key employee (who eventually became the awesome CEO of the company). I still help when possible and remain a part of the P&F family.
A few facts and numbers from the time I was at P&F :
- Over 250 000 t-shirts sold in the first 3 years.
- Over 4M $ in yearly revenue
- 35 + employees.
- Achieved exponential growth through creative influencers strategies & marketing stunts.
- Over 180 points of sales such as Simons, Sport Experts, SAIL and many others.
- In 2016 Alain Nolet the ex CFO of Lolë joined our company as CFO and investor (Angel Round).
- We built an engaged community of more than 100 000 fans on social medias.
- Won various e-commerce and social media awards.
- Part of the Fondation Montreal Inc 2016 cohort and semi final nominees.
- Received a deal from two renowned investors (Martin-Luc Archambault and Mitch Gerber) at the Quebec version of Shark Tank (dans l’oeil du dragon)
- Selected to take part in the Dragon’s Den TV Show in Ontario
The company became an Iconic brand in the Quebec’s ecosystem and is still evolving.